Jul 27, 2012

2012



If I had to sum up this year so far in one word it would be: challenging. . .
Logan was sick off and on from October to January, then consistently from January to April. He missed almost three months of school before it was over, was very sick, and had me sick with worry. After a trip to Riley Hospital and many painful days, Logan's colon started functioning again, he regained his strength and went back to school! He was able to maintain straight A's on his report cards and score 100% on Indiana's I-READ3 mandated test. In March the principal called and asked that I bring him in for testing, then he could come home as soon as he was done. . . Logan still scored in the 'pass plus' range for both math and language on the third grade I-STEP testing. Thankfully, he is doing well now. He returned to school full time the first week of April and is now off all meds. The silver lining to this big, black cloud is that he was scanned to look for Chiari Malformation and it was NEGATIVE!!

Around the same time my neck started having pain, clicking, and cracking.  My local doctors feel surgery is needed do to problems with my cranial cervical fusion.  My next post will have more details, but surgery number five is being scheduled soon.

There have been several other bumps in the road this year, but these are the two biggies.   A few good things have happened too. . . My sister-in-law married a great man, Logan/Caleb/mother-in-law/father-in-law and I  went to Chicago for spring break, and Caleb/I celebrated our tenth anniversary.

I will try to be a good blogger and post more frequently;)  Between trying to keep up with Logan, enjoy summer, organize my messy house, and spend some time with family it has been a busy summer.  Oh, and there is the matter of the little surgery I'm trying to schedule. 

As usual, I hope you are doing well and taking the time to enjoy the little things in life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment