Jul 30, 2012

Life lessons


I've been thinking a lot about Logan's upcoming birthday . . . ten years old. First of all, I cannot believe my little man is almost ten years old already! Then, I started asking myself if I have taught him all the things he needs to know by this point in his life? He knows all the basics that any ten year old should know: brush your teeth at least twice a day, tie your shoes when they come untied, eat well, do your homework, respect others, and try to make good choices. I know he is a very intelligent boy and he will be an amazing adult, but as his momma there is more I want to teach him. . .

Treat others as you would like to be treated - this includes living beings,
Always save some of your income - you never know when a storm is coming,
Read daily,
Laugh big,
Pet and play with your dog every single day,
Live well,
Take time to appreciate your life - moments big and small,
See the beauty in your surroundings,
This family will always have your back and love you no matter what,
Work hard, then play hard,
Don't ever be afraid of a challenge,
Don't ever be afraid to fail,
Treat yourself,
Treat your family with love, respect, and kindness,
Be positive,
Love with all you have,
Respect yourself and take care of your body - you're the only you we have,
And never, ever forget your momma loves you more than words can say

I would also like for him to learn Spanish and a musical instrument, but that is a slightly different kind of lesson than the list above. I'm sure there is more, but that is off the top of my head.

I know Logan can do amazing things in life, especially with the right guidance - I just hope we are giving him the best start he could have. This is something I think about daily, but in the end all I can do is hope we're making the best choices for his future.
I know I write a lot about my motherhood anxieties, but this is my "full time job". That's all for today. As always, I hope you're having a wonderful day and take the time to see the good in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment