Jul 13, 2011

The luckiest girl in the world.



The past few weeks I have focused on Logan, my husband, my family and having a good summer. I would say so far I have had a great summer, there have been a few moments of stress, but overall life has been very good. (This is where I knock on wood, cross my fingers, and say a little prayer for this to continue.)

I don't ever forget how lucky I am to be surrounded by my family, floating in a lake, drinking a hard lemonade, any day I feel like getting myself out of the house. The best part is my family feels lucky to have me around too!

Fourth of July weekend we celebrated my cousin's thirtieth birthday, my mom's fifty-ninth birthday, my nephew's first birthday and our ninth anniversary - I know, its a BIG weekend in our family. Technically our anniversary and two of the birthdays are on June 29, but we usually celebrate the Saturday before the Fourth. We were also thrilled to be able to talk about my cousin's upcoming wedding, to a woman we love, this September in Florida. This was a busy, but great weekend! At one point my son counted twenty-four people floating off the dock, hanging out on boats, and enjoying the day together. How lucky are we to have so many people coming together to celebrate each other and our lives together!?

Most days this summer Logan and I have gone to the lake and spent the afternoon with my dad and uncle. There have been varied guests - my soon-to-be brother-in-law, a childhood friend and her family, Logan's buddies, Logan's teacher, and many of my parent's friends, but the main cast rarely changes. I love my family, I love the way I was raised, I love the relationship Logan has with my family, I love that my parents tell me they love me everyday of my life - I feel so blessed.

There will be many more days on the lake this summer, and this fall we will all come together in Florida and celebrate the love my cousin shares with his fiance. Its been a long time since we had a big family adventure in Florida, and this one may be the best one yet! A beach side, barefoot wedding, Logan is a ring barer, and I can't wait to part of their day. My husband and I were married under a white archway, lakeside on the lake I've grown up on, leaving by boat with my cousin at the wheel and honestly, the beach is the only other place we would've had our ceremony. So, I am thrilled my cousin chose the beach, and not surprised at all. . . we were raised together and have similar ideas on how to enjoy life. I love him like a brother, Logan calls him Uncle, and we've always been able to count on each other. He was the only one I ever asked how he felt about my husband shortly before we got engaged, what he thought mattered to me, and we had a very honest conversation - I was happy to hear he good things to say.

I hope you all have family in your life, people that have known and loved you longer than anyone else. I am blessed with a son, husband, parents, cousins, aunt and uncle that has been with me every step of the way - we've had our problems, we've had our disagreements, but in the end we always come back together, usually stronger than before. I am lucky - my family loves my unconditionally and they have proved it time and time again.

When I think of the best memories, the best moments in my life, my family is part of almost all of them. Birthdays, vacations, holidays, or just simple moments in time that stay with you always. . . spending time together almost everyday growing up, training our dogs together in 4H, years of tubing/boating/riding waverunners, two weeks in Yellowstone, Christmas vacations in the sun, many beach trips - watching my uncle walk Logan into the Gulf of Mexico for the very first time, and countless hours just floating, talking and being together in the lake. I really do feel like one of the luckiest girls in the world!

Well, I'm going to go call my dad and tell him I love him, maybe you should do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment