Jun 20, 2011

Bee Free

Well, so much for my goal of posting everyday. The past few days have been busy, but that's not why I haven't posted. . . it has been raining here for the last four days, so my head pressure has been higher than usual and my head pain has been worse. I've used every extra minute to relax my neck, lay down on my left side and give my head a chance to feel better - unfortunately its hard to type a blog laying in fetal position on the couch.

Its getting late, but I want to tell you about a great little bakery with gluten free goodies. Logan Street Bakery, in Noblesville, IN sells goodies made by Bee Free Bakery - gluten free baked treats that actually taste like treats! The owner/founder is a friend of mine and the mother of a boy with Asperger Syndrome which is on the Autism spectrum. Several years ago she found eating gluten free profoundly changed his ability to focus, and seemed to make processing stimulation easier. The big problem was finding food that tasted good, and was gluten free. . . after trying many brands and products she decided to start making her own treats. With family tested/approved recipes she started her own bakery making gluten free cookies, cakes, pizza dough, other yummy items, and her own Bee Free flour mix so you can bake at home. Her products are sold at Logan Street Bakery, Green B.E.A.N. delivery and several other locations in the Indianapolis area, which can be found on the website: www.beefreegf.com.

Over the past year I have been dealing with painful, swollen joints - one of the things that can be helpful is eating an "anti-inflammatory diet". This means lots of veggies, lots of fruit, limited fats, limited processed foods, and limited gluten. I was surprised to find a low gluten diet would benefit me too. So, before you think you would have no need for this special little bakery, maybe you should try the yummy the treats or see how eating less gluten could benefit you!

No comments:

Post a Comment